26 January 2013

Australia Day - Training Run

I think it was a first for me to get up at 5.30am on Australia Day to drive for an hour to get to the start of a 6 hour race at the foot of the Blue Mountains....Knapsack Lap Race of 5 km

It was quite a nice morning weather wise to start but the longer it went the warmer and humid it got...I decided to run without a watch or iPod and enjoyed the sound of the forest (and the distant highway) on my circles of 5 km.
 It was kind of hilly course and after about 3 hours and 5 laps I started to slow down a bit....the check-point was well stocked with food and drinks and the cool coke kept me going for another 3 slower rounds however with the sun almost straight on top certain section of the course got quite hot and after 5 1/2 hours and 8 rounds I called it quit. Good 40 km training run for Coastrek 2013.....Sam did a great 6 rounds in 3 hours and Denis, well he is still somewhere on holiday probably with a Guinness in his hands...  I am sure Mel is doing her running between the tennis down in Melbourne.

For once I was quite glad to have a car as it took me about 10 minutes on full AirCon to cool down to be in a state to drive back to Sydney.

Next week we planned a night training run to check out the tricker parts of the course.

Happy Feet and Happy Australia Day




No comments: