02 June 2007

Winter Running

Today, I started the 'winter season' with a fun race for the MS Foundation. The MS Foundation makes the lives of people with Multiple Sclerosis easier and continues searching for a cure.
It was quite a chilly morning starting next to the Luna Park under the Sydney Harbour Bridge –
it took me just under 40 min for a hilly 8 km run.
With these cool mornings and early dark nights, I plan to spend the next couple of months more in the warm gym then running outside. After all, I am training for a run in the desert and not Antarctica ...
Last week I was able to transfer the first 500$ (almost) to the Fred Hollows Foundation - thank you very much to all who gave so generously. I am hoping to increase the amount for next month. Remember, the tax year ends this month and all donations are 100% tax-deductible!

No comments: