23 June 2007

Run, Forest, Run

Another cold and wet week. Last Sunday morning, I caught up with Becky, the only Aussie female runner signed up for the MdS 2008. She is training with SWEAT and got me out of bed at 7 am! We did a wet and cold 2 hrs run around Centennial Park. Have to say - once I got warmed up - it was not too bad.

However, during the week I enjoyed training in the gym again. I also did more work on fund raising - which seems a much harder project then the running itself. Thank God my buddy Josh is back from overseas, so hopefully with his help, we can increase the cash in the kitty a bit.

Finished off the week with 2 long runs - took up a supporters
advise to 'Run like Forest Gump' even in the rain. So Saturday, a dry 2 hrs and 22 km around Centennial Park and today a very wet and miserable 33 km in 3 hrs from Clovelly to Cronulla, where I caught up with Uli and her friends just starting their annual 'Cronulla Winter Swim'!
I am wondering what ' normal' people did this Sunday?

No comments: