01 February 2008

No 528 - ready for the desert

Here we go - organiser gave out the race number: 528 - the 'winning' number?

57 days to the start gun. I have ordered my race shoes from the USA today and bought my shorts and shirt. I only need to organise food and 1st aid kit - then I am ready to go!!!

Today I did a 3 hours run with backpack - testing my new drink bottles and some new food.
Bottles are a success but food wise - dried apricots with energy drinks are not working well.

Tomorrow a 5 hours training run with backpack, whole month will be a killer with 2 whole weeks of 150 km training each. Will make most of it and try to simulate as much as possible race conditions (at least with food intake and backpack) as there is no guarantee the weather will play along.

Please mark Friday, 22 Feb in your diary -last farewell party to help The Fred Hollows Foundation. More information will follow soon.

No comments: