14 May 2007

Visit to the Rotary Club of Balmain

I'd like to thank the Rotary Club of Balmain for the opportunity to present my project at tonight's meeting. After a very entertaining speech by Michael Cleary AO, the president of the Rotary Club introduced me to attending members and friends. Even though I was no match to Michael's sporting achievements, I believe I nevertheless was able to raise some interest when I explained the objective of the Run 4 Vision fundraising project for The Fred Hollows Foundation. My planned 3000 km of training runs and the 7-day race in the Sahara desert next year prompted some curious questions. It was a great evening and I met some interesting new people who will hopefully become new Run 4 Vision supporters. My thanks also go to Andrea, a work colleague, who made this meeting with the Rotary Club of Balmain possible.

No comments: